[rfc-i] draft-iab-xml2rfc-02 - alignment of sourcecode

HANSEN, TONY L tony at att.com
Wed Feb 3 20:19:01 PST 2016

The scenarios I came up with for different indentation levels was for

*) the case of multiple languages that look better indented differently

*) code snippets where an inner block is displayed indented differently than other code snippets

One example of the second scenario where that would be useful is for code that you want to eventually be concatenated together after being extracted from the XML. The code would be stored within the XML using the natural indentation level of the code elements, but then the display is adjusted (possible as an outdent) to make it look better.

In other words, it’s useful whenever the best extraction indentation for the code segment does not match the best display indentation.

	Tony Hansen