[rfc-i] draft-iab-xml2rfc-02 - alignment of sourcecode

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Feb 2 10:29:39 PST 2016

On 2016-02-02 18:18, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>> For instance, consider ABNF source code. I would like the actual
>> content of the sourcecode to be valid ABNF. That means that the first
>> line of each rule must have no leading whitespace. So any indentation
>> needs to come from the "align" attribute. Generally I would probably
>> want to have the rules start out aligned with the current indent
>> level, or maybe a bit more.
>
> It sounds like you want "indent", not "align", but even then, I'm not
> clear why. The sourcecode for your ABNF can have spaces at the beginning
> of the lines, can't it?

I'm with Paul. It would be good if the author wouldn't need to indent
the artwork contents herself (whether it affects validity or not).

In rfc2629.xslt, I have the attribute x:indent-with on <artwork> (see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#ext-rfc2629.artwork>,
although the explanation isn't that good).

Best regards, Julian