[rfc-i] draft-iab-xml2rfc-02 and draft-flanagan-nonascii feedback: Internationalization Considerations and 7760

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Feb 2 08:38:16 PST 2016

On 28 Jan 2016, at 2:50, Benoit Claise wrote:

> I believe we miss a requirement in RFC 7760 "Statement of Work for
> Extensions to the IETF Datatracker for Author Statistics"
> Indeed, people might start authoring draft/RFC with their real live
> names.
> If we want the stats to be correct, the tool should have a feature to
> combine the ASCII with the non-ASCII author name stats.

Benoit:

In Section 2.7, the <author> element has three new attributes:

2.7.1.  "asciiFullname" Attribute

    The ASCII equivalent of the author's full name.

2.7.2.  "asciiInitials" Attribute

    The ASCII equivalent of the author's initials, to be used in
    conjunction with the separately specified asciiSurname.

2.7.3.  "asciiSurname" Attribute

    The ASCII equivalent of the author's surname, to be used in
    conjunction with the separately specified asciiInitials.

Do these not meet your concern? Or is your concern that the RFC Editor
might not enforce the use of those attributes?

--Paul Hoffman