[rfc-i] updates to bibxml

HANSEN, TONY L tony at att.com
Sat Dec 17 18:46:04 PST 2016

I made two changes to the bibxml library, a change to bibxml7/bibxml-doi and a new bibxml8/bibxml-iana.

The bibxml7 (aka bibxml-doi) library was done using a program that does a real-time lookup of the DOI library. It now takes an argument of anchor=TEXT. When you add this, the <reference> anchor element will use the text you provide. (Only A-Za-z0-9_ is allowed in the anchor.)

https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-doi/reference.DOI.10.1145/1355734.1355746.xml?anchor=TEXT

generates

<reference anchor="TEXT"> …

I’ve also just added bibxml8 (aka bibxml-iana) that generates a <reference> to an IANA registry.

https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-iana/reference.IANA.service-names-port-numbers.xml

generates

If you prefer a different anchor value, you can also use the anchor=TEXT argument, generating

<reference anchor="TEXT" …

Hope you like these additions.

Comments welcome.

                Tony Hansen