[rfc-i] Request for feedback: the new CSS

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:40:41 PST 2016

On 02/12/2016 22:32, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 2 December 2016 at 20:28, Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I prefer crafting the Acknowledgement section by hand, because often it is not just a list of names. “Thanks to Jane for contributing the test vectors. Special thanks to Julian for contributing the ABNF”.

Who says you can't do that? The formal Contributors section is usefulfor people who
don't quite make it into the Authors section, because of the policy of limiting
the number of auhors. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-4.11

> Yeah, frankly I think that this is a bit of a mess:
> https://tlswg.github.io/tls13-spec/#contributors  Yes, all those
> people deserve acknowledgment (except me), but it's almost the longest
> section in the document now.

That is *not* the intended use of the Contributors section IMHO.

    Brian