[rfc-i] Request for feedback: the new CSS

Joe Hildebrand hildjj at cursive.net
Fri Dec 2 09:09:38 PST 2016

> On Dec 2, 2016, at 1:51 AM, Adrian Farrel <adrian at olddog.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Thanks for this Heather,
>
>> If you have suggestions or recommendations, please add them as an issue
>> in github.
>
> No, it's alright, I'll just raise them in an email (this email) for discussion
> on the mailing list as normal so other only have to look in one place for the
> conversation :-)
>
> 1. You have some embedded code fragments. Is it your intention that these will
> still be visibly marked <CODE BEGINS> and <CODE ENDS>?

As far as I know, those markings are optional, right?  The idea is that extracting code from the XML should be much easier than parsing the text for <CODE BEGINS> and <CODE ENDS>.

> 2. It would be lovely if you could address the "Contributors" section (current
> schema means that the section has to be created by hand). An "obvious" solution
> is allow a new 'role' value of 'contributor' in 'author' and pull that out into
> the separate section.

That's an interesting idea for the next rev.  I've added an issue to ensure we come back to it:

https://github.com/rfc-format/draft-iab-xml2rfc-v3-bis/issues/2

--
Joe Hildebrand