[rfc-i] Request for feedback: the new CSS

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Thu Dec 1 12:55:18 PST 2016

On 12/1/16 12:45 PM, Dan York wrote:
> Heather,
>
>> On Dec 1, 2016, at 2:21 PM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor)
>> <rse at rfc-editor.org <mailto:rse at rfc-editor.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Sample document:
>> https://rfc-format.github.io/draft-iab-rfc-css-bis/sample.html
>
> Very nice!  I like what I see.  One minor thing I like is how the TOC
> will be fixed over on the right side if your window is large enough, but
> then goes back into the flow of the document if you shrink the window.
>  Very nice touch!
>
>> If you have suggestions or recommendations, please add them as an issue
>> in github.
>
> I will. Don't have time today to spend more than the quick scan, but
> will try to do so.

Much appreciated!

>> If you have time and interest, you can be of even more assistance by
>> creating additional sample files according to the HTML spec so that the
>> CSS developer has more content to test against.
>
> I might have a few cycles next week to help here, but need a bit more
> guidance on what you need. How do you want these files created?

If you just take the sample.html that we have in github and fill it with
real data (e.g., the text, tables, figures, etc., from a real I-D) that
would be an enormous help.

If you want bonus points, read the XML and HTML format drafts (just
finishing up AUTH48 now) and try anything else that you think can be
done within those specs.

Thanks!
Heather