[rfc-i] Updating one paragraph of RFC 2026 to reflect current practice

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri May 29 08:45:28 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 07:44:27AM -0700, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Draft -03 is no more or less of a "work in progress" than an RFC because both can be updated later. Numerous RFCs are updated later; in fact you and I are co-authors one one that we *expect* to have a -bis on after it is published.

By this line of argument, and given that Independent Submissions get
RFC numbers too, we should just do away with the distinction between
I-Ds and RFCs altogether, it seems.  I have to agree with Heather that
if this is a discussion to have, it's one to have in the IETF
community and not just on this list.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com