[rfc-i] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-18.txt

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue May 26 14:27:43 PDT 2015

Greetings. This is a major revision to the v3 format draft. It has many changes, but the two biggest ones are:

- The description of the "prep tool" that is part of the current workflow design. In short, where earlier there was an assumption that each formatter (such as the software that turned XML into HTML) would do all of the calculations for derived content, now there is a "prep tool" that will convert XML to more complete XML, and that formatters will use the latter as input. This also affects the use of the term "processor" throughout the document.

There are a few additional changes from the last draft such as adding "anchor" and "pn" attributes to more elements; they can be seen easily in the diff.

--Paul Hoffman