[rfc-i] Referencing Internet Drafts

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Mon May 25 05:09:22 PDT 2015

<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7322#section-4.8.6.4>:

4.8.6.4.  Referencing Internet-Drafts

    References to Internet-Drafts may only appear as informative
    references.  Given that several revisions of an I-D may be produced
    in a short time frame, references must include the posting date
    (month and year), the full Internet-Draft file name (including the
    version number), and the phrase "Work in Progress".  Authors may
    reference multiple versions of an I-D.  If the referenced I-D was
    also later published as an RFC, then that RFC must also be listed.

       [SYMBOLIC-TAG]  Last name, First initial., Ed. (if applicable)
                       and First initial. Last name, Ed. (if
                       applicable), "I-D Title", Work in Progress,
                       draft-string-NN, Month Year.

      Example:

       [RFC-STYLE] Flanagan, H. and S. Ginoza, "RFC Style Guide",
                   Work in Progress, draft-flanagan-style-01,
                   June 2013.

Out of curiosity: why was the series name ("Internet Draft") dropped
here? Is this really an intentional change?

Best regards, Julian