[rfc-i] obsoletes/updates

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Fri Jun 19 00:54:20 PDT 2015

On 6/19/15, 12:51 AM, "rfc-interest on behalf of John C Klensin" <rfc-interest-bounces at rfc-editor.org on behalf of john-ietf at jck.com> wrote:

>> John,
>>
>> Is the replaced-by mechanism in the datatracker insufficient
>> for what you want?
>
>Mostly yes, it is insufficent, especially as implemented today.

Requirements questions:

Would you expect the obsoletes attribute to be on just the -00, or to persist through further versions?  (I could see either, with a slight preference to just the -00, with the tooling giving warnings as needed)

Would you expect the obsoletes attribute to be on the RFC that replaces the I-D? (this seems like a much bigger departure, and my slight preference would be "no", but it follows from the desire to de-manualize the tooling).

--
Joe Hildebrand