[rfc-i] ABNF Core Rule extensions

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Fri Jan 30 15:15:00 PST 2015

On 1/30/2015 1:41 PM, Nico Williams wrote:
> That seems like overkill, unless there's pent up demand for lots of
> extensions (which there might be, but I wouldn't know).

This is the second serious effort within not very many months.[*]  And
folks have regularly suggested additions constantly for maybe 20 years.
 These are consistently reasonable suggestions, but that's not the same
as saying that the community feels need of the enhancement.

So I'd rather make it easy to define the addition and link it into the
base and then let the market decide whether it's worth using.

d/

[*] Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7405

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking