[rfc-i] Can the web be archived?

Henning G Schulzrinne hgs at cs.columbia.edu
Fri Jan 23 07:56:32 PST 2015

My sense is that the number of critical external citations in most
standards-track RFCs is pretty small (probably, less than one on
average). Thus, storing a few hundred documents a year doesn't seem
onerous. As I said, there's no reason to archive IEEE, ACM, ITU and
similar documents, which is probably the majority of our external
citations. Probably no reason to worry about anything but
standards-track documents.

This isn't really all *that* hard - one folder that's backed-up and a
naming scheme.

Henning