[rfc-i] Can the web be archived?

Ole Jacobsen olejacobsen at me.com
Tue Jan 20 19:51:15 PST 2015

Speaking from very recent experience: I just published an article
which in the reference section had entries of the form:

"The ZigBee protocol specs can be found at http://...."

That all turned out to be wrong, the website had been reorganized and
I had to dig around to find the new links.

What WOULD have been useful, and often IS useful is the full document
title. "The Private Life of the Rabbit: An Account of the Life History
and Social Behavior of the Wild Rabbit" long since out of print, can
be found if you have its title and a search engine.

Relying on a search engine may of course be just as unreliable as
relying on a link, so I don't know what the ultimate answer is.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Editor and Publisher
The Internet Protocol Journal