[rfc-i] xi:includes in references

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 05:02:37 PST 2015

On 2015-01-20 13:53, Miek Gieben wrote:
> [ Quoting <julian.reschke at gmx.de> in "Re: [rfc-i] xi:includes in
> referenc..." ]
>>> In the example in B.1. where the references are shown in conjunction
>>> with the xi:include's
>>
>> I see.
>>
>> Neither <name> nor @anchor are required on <references>. This is a bug
>> in the grammar (@anchor probably was confused with @pn).
>>
>> Good catch!
>
> Cool.
>
> Question 2:
>
> I preprocess the xml file to resolve the xi:includes. It now ends up as:
>
>   <reference anchor="RFC7328"
> xml:base="http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.7328.xml">
>

> This still does not validate:
>
> error: attribute "xml:base" not allowed here; expected attribute "target"
>
> I have no idea how to get rid of xml:base...

Another good catch (I expected this problem somewhat).

XInclude processors are allowed to put this in (and it makes a lot of
sense to do so). If we want to validate post-Xinclude results, we'll
either need a preprocessing step (filtering out the attribute), or allow
it either "anywhere" or at least on those elements where it's likely to
turn up.

Best regards, Julian