[rfc-i] xml2rfc v3: publish the relax ng schema of draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-15

Miek Gieben miek at miek.nl
Mon Jan 19 12:42:56 PST 2015

[ Quoting <miek at miek.nl> in "Re: [rfc-i] xml2rfc v3: publish the..." ]
>>>Can we publish the relax NG schema somewhere besides it being in the draft?
>>>I want to validate the XML output of my markdown parser and cutting and
>>>pasting the schema from the text is tedious and error prone.
>>>(Alternatively it could be prefixed with something greppable)
>>>
>>>Thanks!
>>
>>You can easily extract the RNC version from the XML source.
>>
>>Or just use <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/browser/vocabulary/v3/latest/xml2rfcv3.rng>.
>
>Ah great, even easier! Thanks!

Ok, now I've the rng schema, but neither xmllint nor jing can parse it...?

% jing xml2rfcv3.rng
/home/miek/g/src/github.com/miekg/mmark/xml2rfcv3.rng:476:23: error: group of "string" or "data" element

and xmllint spews a enourmous number of errors, starting with:

% xmllint --relaxng xml2rfcv3.rng
xml2rfcv3.rng:476: element element: Relax-NG parser error : Element t has a content type error
xml2rfcv3.rng:649: element element: Relax-NG parser error : Element li has a content type error
xml2rfcv3.rng:602: element element: Relax-NG parser error : Element ol has a content type error

/Miek

--
Miek Gieben