[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-iab-xml2rfcv2-00.txt

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Thu Jan 15 12:08:47 PST 2015

On 1/12/15, 2:08 PM, "Brian E Carpenter" <brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com>
wrote:

>Thanks for the explanation. I can live with it; but I am very concerned
>that the IAB should maximise its time spent on Internet architecture
>and minimise its time spent on the rest. So in this case I really hope
>that the IAB merely wields its rubber stamp.

(IAB hat on, but not speaking for the IAB)
We're happy to continue to support the RSOC and the RFC editor with
appropriately-composed stamps.

>(And I didn't cc the IAB because I assume that interested IAB members
>are here anyway.)

If this had turned into a problem, I would have brought it to more
attention from the IAB, which *would* have cut into our time spent on
other architecture issues.

However, I will say that having easily-understandable modern document
formats to get the technical work of the IETF done *is* an architecture
issue, at least in my mind.  When I'm doing architecture for large
applications, the documentation, change control, testing, measurement,
configuration, etc. are all a part of the system (not just the code), and
the Internet has the same needs with respect to protocols.

--
Joe Hildebrand