[rfc-i] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-iab-xml2rfcv2-00.txt

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:08:25 PST 2015

On 13/01/2015 09:52, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

> On 1/12/15 11:13 AM, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>> So, I understand why this work is not in the IETF stream.
>>
>> I don't quite understand why it's in the IAB stream. Somehow it
>> feels more like the Independent Submission stream.  It's a
>> community thing, not an Architecture thing. I'm not sure the IAB
>> should spend any cycles on it.
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> When the RSOC, IAB, and I agreed that we wouldn't create an "RFC
> Editor" stream of documents, it was with the understanding that all
> RFC related RFCs would instead just go through the IAB.  This one was
> a bit odd, I agree, but since it clearly didn't belong in the IETF,
> and it is part of the RFC format work, it seemed reasonable to keep it
> within the IAB stream.

Thanks for the explanation. I can live with it; but I am very concerned
that the IAB should maximise its time spent on Internet architecture
and minimise its time spent on the rest. So in this case I really hope
that the IAB merely wields its rubber stamp.

(And I didn't cc the IAB because I assume that interested IAB members
are here anyway.)

    Brian