[rfc-i] draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-02 composition tools

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Fri Oct 31 12:54:54 PDT 2014

On 10/31/2014 12:06 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2014, at 2:59 PM, Joe Touch <touch at isi.edu> wrote:
>>> How do we
>>> produce adequate HTML at the end of the process?
>>
>> Save-as HTML.
>
> He said "adequate." Have you ever looked at the output of "save as
> HTML"? Adequate does not in any sense describe it. It looks bad, and
> it's impossible to work with because it's not in any sense structured.
> I'm sorry, Joe, I realize I've just singled out one thing you said in a
> long diatribe, but you are not winning me over with responses like this.

I answered the question. Adequate describes what you get by default. Not
great, not desirable, but adequate.

By adequate, I don't mean that everyone can extract the detailed
document structure to write theses on how many third-level headings
there are.

If you want better, you define HTML/CSS styles in the template to do
better, and yes, that's supported too.

Joe