[rfc-i] draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-02 composition tools

Stewart Bryant stbryant at cisco.com
Fri Oct 31 09:36:03 PDT 2014

On 31/10/2014 16:13, Ted Lemon wrote:
> On Oct 31, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) <jhildebr at cisco.com> wrote:
>>> Maybe they would be if we negotiated a group buy?
>> Are we talking about Word?
> I was talking about that XML editing tool that we sometimes hear mentioned.   I can't remember what it's called.   I don't think there's any need to do a group buy on something like Word, and in general unless we could just negotiate a deal with the XML editor people that allows for one-time buys at a significant discount, I think it's not practical.

The XMLmind XML editor with addons actively maintained as a formal part
of the tools suite would be fine.

If there was some negotiated license rate or we could convince them to
allow reshipment of an ID editor under their developer license (owned by
IETF) that would be perfect for many people.

- Stewart