[rfc-i] Comments on draft-flanagan-nonascii-03

Paul Kyzivat pkyzivat at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 31 05:58:43 PDT 2014

On 10/30/14 7:59 PM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

>>> Ah, you're right. But there still might be contexts (such as search)
>>> where a pure ASCII version is needed. I'm not sure of the best fix.
>>
>> Yes, which is why there is an ASCII equivalent specified for the document
>> information at the top and the authors' addresses at the bottom.
>
> And I requested to remove it from the top of the document. Brian
> concurred by saying one instance of the ASCII equivalent is enough.

I rarely look at the author section at the bottom of a document - only
if I really want to contact the author. I expect to be able to identify
who the authors are (at least if I know them) by looking at the top
information. IMO the English equivalent is needed there if the actual
name is rendered in a non-Latin script.

	Thanks,
	Paul