[rfc-i] draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-02 composition tools

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Oct 31 05:16:34 PDT 2014

On Oct 31, 2014, at 7:38 AM, Stewart Bryant <stbryant at cisco.com> wrote:
> Having read this thread and looked at the proposals, none of which are mainstream, I wonder if I am unique in the IETF in thinking that I really don't want to run a parallel software engineering effort in order to write an I-D, I but instead just want to install some maintained package which is mainstream in the tools chain and type?

You are clearly not unique.   However, I doubt that there is any meaningful consensus the IETF as a whole could reach, so opening it up to a straw poll seems not to be a sensible plan.   I am sure there is a strong constituency for using MS Word as the tool of choice.   There may be some second contender that would be more popular than xml2rfc, I don't know.   But I don't think there is a single contender that could raise a plurality of support.   xml2rfc is Solomon's choice.   And it doesn't suck.   So it seems expedient to go with it.