[rfc-i] Provide a way to manage source files used in generating RFC XML

Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Fri Oct 31 05:00:29 PDT 2014

Thomas Clausen <ietf at thomasclausen.org> writes:

> But please don’t impose something as “mandatory, the only way you’re
> allowed to be doing it” forcing tonnes of people to have to change
> their workflows, tools, …

+1.
That's what I meant about keeping up the diversity of tools.

The main problem with this diversity is that if a number of people from
different circles want to start collaborating on an RFC, it may be
additional work for them to agree on a way to do this.  Fortunately,
RFCXML is the common denominator here.  (To enable this, I actually have
hacked together a basic upconverter from RFCXML to markdown.  I haven't
had nearly enough time to finish that yet, though.)

Gruesse, Carsten