[rfc-i] Provide a way to manage source files used in generating RFC XML

Thomas Clausen ietf at thomasclausen.org
Fri Oct 31 04:21:24 PDT 2014

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 00:49, Carsten Bormann <cabo at tzi.org> wrote:
>

>> On 30 Oct 2014, at 21:22, Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes!  I'd love to be able to include .lyx in my submissions.
>
> This merits highlighting and extracting it out of the current thread.
>
> Of course, working group documents can keep those source files in the WG SVN (assuming the authors understand and use version control).  But there is no obvious place for non-WG documents to keep those files (and, maybe as importantly, their version control history).

But please don’t impose something as “mandatory, the only way you’re allowed to be doing it” forcing tonnes of people to have to change their workflows, tools, …

[I still haven’t forgiven those who stubbornly insist that page-numbers are evil, and for whom I have to work out new tools and processes when reviewing and otherwise working on documents]