[rfc-i] draft-flanagan-rfc-framework-02 composition tools

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Oct 30 14:56:18 PDT 2014

>> Developing specifications on a Linux box.
>
>For which there have been MS-OOX editors since there has been MS-OOX.

Having attempted to edit Word-generated OOX documents using
Libreoffice and Openoffice, I wouldn't recommend it.  Whatever the
standards may say, the real definition of docx format is "whatever
Word does."

The fact that there have been dozens of versions of Word, with two
rather incompatible ones currently for sale (Word 11 on the Mac
and Word 13, I think, on Windows) doesn't help.