[rfc-i] Comment on Holistic archiving (section 2.4.3 of draft-flanagan-rfc-preservation-01)

Michael Richardson mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca
Tue Oct 28 12:46:43 PDT 2014

Robert Sparks <rjsparks at nostrum.com> wrote:
    > We're choosing the element names in the XML to be relatively self
    > descriptive. In an archival-recovery situation, a person would have a
    > relatively easy time determining what the bits mean, _especially_ if we keep
    > the definition of the elements around in the same easy to get to
    > format.

I'm imagining that the RFC series will be the Rosetta stone that allows the
Second Foundation (cf: Asimov Foundation series) to learn English.

"See, this diagram here clearly matches one of our Interstellar Modulating
Phaser systems.  Look, that 0110 code is clearly a binary 6, and it seems
to use the IMP's link-layer address format.  Now that we know what this
document describes, we can figure out what each of the words must mean!"

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF at sandelman.ca>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-