[rfc-i] EOL in draft-flanagan-plaintext-04

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:44:37 PDT 2014

Well, since it was me who asked for the old EOL text to be kept,
I would like to know why you think the inconsistent EOL problem has gone
away. As far as I know, it's still alive and kicking when files are copied
between any Unix-like system and Windows, and can be seen trivially by
any user of NotePad on Windows when the file has LF alone to signal a
new line.

Maybe the old text goes too far, but I think the problem does need to
be flagged somehow.

   Brian