[rfc-i] EOL in draft-flanagan-plaintext-04

Robert Sparks rjsparks at nostrum.com
Tue Oct 28 11:44:09 PDT 2014

Section 4.3 of -04 spends a couple of paragraphs talking about having
different EOL markers on different OSes, and what some transports might
want to see. I think this is confusing what the RFC Editor will produce
and publish with what people might find lying around after it's been
moved off the RFC Editor's website.

I think this document should specify exactly what the plaintext
publication format will contain (and what will be signable).
I _don't_ think the plan is to publish versions with the various line
ending styles. Unless that's wrong, please pick one and say what it is.

It's ok to warn people that their own tools might change the line
endings for them, but don't make it look like the variants are part of
what's published.

RjS