[rfc-i] New draft of the v3 format spec
paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Mon Oct 27 15:00:47 PDT 2014
Greetings again. This draft has a bunch of changes based on inconsistencies that were found as Joe was updating the HTML draft. They include:
- All section-y things now get the "sectionNumber" attribute, and all paragraph-y things get the "partNumber" attribute, to be filled in by the processor.
- <references> now requires a name for the section.
- Added the "quotedFrom" attribute to the <blockquote> element.
- Added the <boilerplate> element that is filed in by the processor. This replaces the "boilerplate" attribute of <rfc> that would not actually hold what we wanted.
- Said that output formats must decide what to do with an empty <xref>.
- Pointed to <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rse/wiki/doku.php?id=design:format-and-content-rfcs> for the discussion of restrictions on the canonical XML for RFCs.
> Name: draft-hoffman-xml2rfc
> Revision: 12
> Title: The 'XML2RFC' version 3 Vocabulary
> Document date: 2014-10-27
> Group: Individual Submission
> Pages: 138
> URL: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-12.txt
> Status: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hoffman-xml2rfc/
> Htmlized: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-12
> Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hoffman-xml2rfc-12
More information about the rfc-interest