Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Mon Oct 27 14:24:29 PDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 4:12 PM, Carsten Bormann <cabo at tzi.org> wrote:
> On 27 Oct 2014, at 21:53, Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
>> But this is really a different thread,
>
> My point in this thread was that it is likely I have to convert from a source XML form to an archival XML form anyway*).  So there is nothing wrong with having things in the source that aren’t meant for wider consumption.

Indeed.  There's relatively little harm in metadata that is mostly
ignored.  "Don't break around here if you can" is such metadata.  Add
the vocabulary, then fail to implement if you like, or defer
implementation until it's needed.

> *) It seems I may also have to filter out XML comments that were used for communicating between authors...

Hmmm, do we need comments that get rendered as such, and comments that
by default don't get rendered but which also aren't XML comments?

Nico