Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Sat Oct 25 07:25:29 PDT 2014

On 24 Oct 2014, at 12:15, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> In general, the more "unbreakable" things there are, the harder it is for the page breaking to do something useful without overrides. In this case, I'd probably reformat the examples into smaller chunks (v3 will allow multiple <artwork> elements in one <figure>).

As an author, I’d rather put the page breaks where they make sense and be done with it.
While hinting is great for the first 80 %, there is no known way to infuse a formatter with *all* the considerations that are immediately obvious to a human observer.

I think it is important to be able to put in such tweaks at the draft stage as well — this is the first time a specification gets many new readers, and it is worth it making their work easier.

Grüße, Carsten