Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Fri Oct 17 05:27:16 PDT 2014

On 17 Oct 2014, at 11:53, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

> The question is whether the specific use of vspace to create a form feed happens frequent enough to justify special support in HTML (where it would only apply to printing/paged media), given the fact that in the new RFC format world, pagination is much much less important than it used to.

The answer is that we don’t know how life in that brave new world will be.
All we know is that page-based media will continue to exist.

(HTML already supports page-breaking via CSS, so maybe I don’t really understand this sentence in the first place.  The point here is that we need a way (element, attribute, pi) to insert the tweak into the source.)

Grüße, Carsten