Carsten Bormann cabo at tzi.org
Thu Oct 16 13:23:48 PDT 2014

On 16 Oct 2014, at 18:50, Joe Touch <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

> Is there some reason not to use a "pagebreak" indicator?

There isn’t one in the vocabulary.

> The above doesn't insert a pagebreak; it adds vertical space

Yes, that’s why I said it is a hack.
(For .txt output, the vertical space is truncated by the page length, which is known to be less than 999 lines.
For .html output, xml2rfcv2 generates 999 <br/> elements, which is not what one would want.)

I listed those usages of vspace not because I wouldn’t be happy for it to go away, but just to point out that those usages need to be covered by any vocabulary that doesn't have vspace.

Grüße, Carsten