Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Thu Oct 16 10:32:48 PDT 2014

On 2014-10-16 18:43, Carsten Bormann wrote:
> In kramdown-rfc2629, I am generating vspace for the following cases:
>
> — forced page breaks (<vspace blankLines='999' />)
>    This is clearly a hack, but the need for tweaks like this is there as long as people are looking at the pages-based versions.

In the new RFC format, pagination plays a less important role. The
intent is to have a vocabulary sufficiently expressive so that the tools
can do the right thing.

> — to separate multiple paragraphs in a list item (since every new t element starts a new list item)

We fixed the vocabulary for this use case.

> — for definition lists, where for some applications the dd should be on its own line (please see:
>    https://github.com/cabo/kramdown-rfc2629/issues/3 ), as in  <t hangText=‘definition label:'><vspace blankLines='0'/>

I believe we have a special element/construct for this as well.

> — for line breaks without increased leading, which are needed in particular for semi-structured material such as media type definitions (yes, one can sometimes fall back to code blocks here, but that doesn’t look that great in HTML then).

I've been doing media type definitions with lists for years, and nobody
has complained. You don't need to follow the templates exactly with
respect to whitespace; it's the content that counts...

Best regards, Julian