[rfc-i] New draft posted: draft-flanagan-rfc-preservation-01

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Oct 14 21:04:27 PDT 2014

Mostly I agree with the changes, except for this one:

>* emphasize that we should stop printing out each RFC to paper upon
>publication,

I agree there's not much point in keeping a printed version of the PDF
or other formatted output, but you might want to reconsider whether to
print out the XML.  I still have a bunch of old stuff from the late
1960s and early 1970s, and although the magnetic media have all become
unreadable in practice (anyone got a DECtape drive?) the printouts are
still legible.  OCR from paper has become an impressively robust
technology, and it's only likely to get moreso.

R's,
John