[rfc-i] New draft: draft-hoffman-rfcexamples-00.txt

Andrew G. Malis agmalis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 12:59:52 PDT 2014

Paul,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:57 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:

> On Oct 9, 2014, at 11:37 AM, Andrew G. Malis <agmalis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would be VERY useful if we could use the v3 document example in this
> draft as the canonical v3 replacement for "draft-davies-template-bare.xml".
> It's currently missing some of the things in that file, such as showing
> that a <section> following the references becomes an Appendix (I assume
> that this will remain). It might be useful to just go a comparison of your
> example with draft-davies to see what's still missing.
>
> That is not the current intention of the document, but it could become
> that if people really want it.

Well, there's going to have to be a replacement for
draft-davies-template-bare.xml, so this may as well be it. :-)

> Also, your example reference to RFC6949 includes all of the RFC
> information manually. For v3, will I still just be able to use:
> >
> >       <?rfc include="reference.RFC.2119"?>
>
> No. Please see the v3 draft for more description of other ways that can be
> done.

So you mean:

       <xi:include href="http://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/
          bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml"/>

That works for me, it's still just a copy and paste and update the RFC
number. You should include that in your example draft, as I'm sure it'll be
very popular.

Thanks,
Andy