[rfc-i] Some ideas to improve RFCs

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Mon Oct 6 11:45:31 PDT 2014

>> What do you think? Do you think that we can start writing a
>> document to help authors how to choose a good meaningfule title
>> with an acceptable length?
>
>This might be appropriate for an IESG statement?

Possibly, although I would think that encouraging people to choose
a good title would be an appropriate part of the editorial process.

>I am particularly curious as to whether people would find keywords
>presented at the top of the future HTML publication format a useful
>thing,

They're mostly useful for searching, so they'd be just dandy in
the metadata in the header.  Search engines know all about them,
and I believe they can be included in the DOI metadata.

The HTML looks like this:

I don't think I've ever found keywords within the displayed document
itself useful.

R's,
John