[rfc-i] Some ideas to improve RFCs

Hosnieh Rafiee hosnieh.rafiee at huawei.com
Mon Oct 6 07:32:52 PDT 2014

> I see the keywords as much more useful for search engines than humans.
> As such, they certainly belong (at least) in a <meta> element in the
> <head>.

maybe search engines also benefit from it (I myself have no problem with it :-) )but I guess this is the same as humans (it saves time). For example, when someone search a research paper on IEEE iexplorer, it can see title (maybe related), abstract (that might be to 60% helpful) and keywords which is the coverage of the whole document . This avoids to do manual search on a document for certain keywords or read the whole introduction or many parts of document to make sure that it was a right document to read.

> If we wanted to add them to the very end of the document to make them
> more visible, that wouldn't bother me.  More boilerplate at the top of
> the document does not seem like it will make the document more usable.
> However, the positioning of the text seems like something best left to
> the designer, and I'm willing to let that expert choose the paint color
> for the bikeshed.

In my opinion the place of keywords are not important but using the same place for all documents is really helpful. In other word, always having it at the end or in the top of the document.

Thanks,
Best,
Hosnieh