[rfc-i] Some ideas to improve RFCs

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Oct 6 07:21:17 PDT 2014

On 10/6/14, 2:10 PM, "Hosnieh Rafiee" <hosnieh.rafiee at huawei.com> wrote:

>> If the abstract is hard to understand, then that is a problem that
>> needs to be fixed. A set of keywords can't substitute the abstract.
>>
>> So -1 on adding visible keywords (or even a link).
>
>Sometimes it helps because the abstract cannot be so long too and also a
>person might not be able to fit all keywords embedded in the sentence of
>abstract. Therefore, IMO, it is really useful to have a keywords.

I see the keywords as much more useful for search engines than humans.  As
such, they certainly belong (at least) in a <meta> element in the <head>.
If we wanted to add them to the very end of the document to make them more
visible, that wouldn't bother me.  More boilerplate at the top of the
document does not seem like it will make the document more usable.
However, the positioning of the text seems like something best left to the
designer, and I'm willing to let that expert choose the paint color for
the bikeshed.

--
Joe Hildebrand