[rfc-i] Some ideas to improve RFCs

Hosnieh Rafiee ietf at rozanak.com
Thu Oct 2 14:33:30 PDT 2014

Hi,

There was offlist discussion about RFC title, abstract and keywords. Usually the RFC titles are long and confusing which does not always  give enough information to whom read or hear this title. I think that there is a need for a good guidelines for authors to know how to choose their title and how not to choose a long titles.

What do you think? Do you think that we can start writing a document to help authors how to choose a good meaningfule title with an acceptable length?

About using a visible keyboards in HTML format of RFC, as I could already see in other thread in this list, probably we can have a team to work and suggest something in this regard. In other word, when someone opens an RFC, it can see the keywords  and easily understand its scope instead of reading the abstract and sometimes also need to read introduction to understand what the RFC  wants to cover.

Best,
Hosnieh