[rfc-dist] RFC 9106 on Argon2 Memory-Hard Function for Password Hashing and Proof-of-Work Applications

rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org
Tue Sep 7 23:30:56 PDT 2021

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9106

        Title:      Argon2 Memory-Hard Function for Password
                    Hashing and Proof-of-Work Applications
        Author:     A. Biryukov,
                    D. Dinu,
                    D. Khovratovich,
                    S. Josefsson
        Date:       September 2021
        Mailbox:    alex.biryukov at uni.lu,
                    daniel.dinu at intel.com,
                    khovratovich at gmail.com,
                    simon at josefsson.org
        Pages:      21
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-irtf-cfrg-argon2-13.txt

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9106

This document describes the Argon2 memory-hard function for password
hashing and proof-of-work applications.  We provide an
implementer-oriented description with test vectors.  The purpose is
to simplify adoption of Argon2 for Internet protocols.  This document
is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group (CFRG) in the IRTF.

This document is a product of the Crypto Forum Research Group of the IRTF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce, rfc-dist and IRTF-Announce lists.To subscribe or unsubscribe, see