The following documents form the RFC Style Guide.
"RFC Document Style"
- A comprehensive summary of the style conventions and editorial policies that characterize the RFC document series.
RFC Editorial Policies
- A collection of policies on RFC editorial issues.
Status of This Memo Boilerplate
- Possible "Status of This Memo" blurbs as defined by RFC 5741.
- Expansions of abbreviations (and acronyms) in RFCs
- Table of decisions on consistent usage in RFCs
RFC Bibliographic Entries
- Listing of all RFCs, formatted for direct insertion into the References section of an RFC. Also notes when the referenced RFC has been obsoleted.
IAB Stream Documents
- Provides general guidance on the proper format for a document from the IAB stream.
"Instructions to RFC Authors"
- A draft replacement for RFC 2223.
This page was last updated on 28 June 2011.