The notation defined below is used in the RFC Editor Queue and Current Queue (sortable view).
Definitions of States
- EDIT = Awaiting editing or being edited
- RFC-EDITOR = Undergoing final internal review before AUTH48
- AUTH48 = Awaiting final author approval
- AUTH48-DONE = Final approvals are complete
- AUTH = Awaiting author action
- IESG = Awaiting IESG action
- IANA = Document has been edited, but is holding for completion of IANA actions
- REF = Document has been edited, but is holding for a normative
reference that is in the queue
(Note: In addition, "REF" is used to mark a list of normative references shown
on the queue page. Each reference is listed as IN-QUEUE or NOT-RECEIVED.)
- MISSREF = Awaiting a missing normative reference (i.e., the reference is
NOT-RECEIVED). See below regarding MISSREF generation numbers.
Definitions of Flags
A document can move through various states, while having either, both, or no
- *A = IANA flag. The document has IANA actions that are not yet completed.
- *R = Reference flag. The document has one or more normative references that are IN-QUEUE or NOT-RECEIVED.
Definitions of MISSREF Generation Numbers
- 1G = has a reference to a NOT-RECEIVED document
- 2G = has a reference to a document that references a NOT-RECEIVED document
- 3G = has a reference to a document that references a doc that references a NOT-RECEIVED document
States That Are No Longer in Use
As of March 2013, documents under review by the Independent Submissions Editor are tracked in
- ISR = Independent Submission Review by the ISE
- ISR-AUTH = Independent submission awaiting author action, or in
discussion between author and ISE
- TO = Time-out period during which the IESG performs a review as described
in BCP 92 (TO is listed with an expiration date on the queue page.)
For more information, please see the
Publication Process and
RFC Editor Process Flow Chart.
Last updated: 2013-03-26