[rfc-i] draft-kuehlewind-update-tag/

Joel Halpern Direct jmh.direct at joelhalpern.com
Thu Mar 26 11:44:52 PDT 2020

Joe, we all know that the formal words we use do not ahve the same
meaning that they do in English.  Our standards are not, effectively,
"requests for comment".  They are standards.
We also know by observation that other people have understood "Updates"
in ways that are different from how you understand it.  Claiming that
the meaning as used for metadata on RFCs is "obvious to any English
speaker" is contradicted by the observable facts.

Yours,
Joel