[rfc-i] draft-kuehlewind-update-tag/

Alissa Cooper alissa at cooperw.in
Fri Mar 27 06:10:08 PDT 2020

(wearing no hats, personal opinion only)

> On Mar 26, 2020, at 1:10 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf at sandelman.ca> wrote:
> (We could have a moritorium on the IESG talking about Updates.)

Fully support this. The main reason the IESG talks about this a lot is because ADs question the use of the tag. In the absence of mutable documents and since we tried multiple times to see if there could be clarity in the community about what “updates” means and failed, we could just accept that it’s an unclear tag and stop discussing it. We could even document the moratorium in an IESG statement.

Alissa