[rfc-i] [IAB] [Rsoc] Archival format to rfc-interest and the IAB

Ronald Tse tse at ribose.com
Mon Mar 2 21:21:36 PST 2020

I have been tracking this list since we first implemented AsciiRFC for RFC XML v2, the draft v3, and now the “official" v3.

(As we speak, the "draft-ribose-asciirfc” document has already been stuck in AUTH for over 2 years).

To be fair, I concur with many of Julian’s comments and they are true concerns, especially since we’re dealing with “standardized documents” that need to be interoperable by different tools. The draft v3 and the current v3 are sufficiently incompatible that we consider them as different implementations — files that comply with draft v3 grammar crashes today's official toolset.

I understand the frustration. But as Julian has mentioned a couple times, there are practices and assumptions in the existing toolset that are not documented in spec. This is more likely the cause for stagnated progress.

Kind regards,
Ron

Ronald Tse
Ribose Inc.