[rfc-i] Natural Language Processing (NLP) applied to RFCs

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Tue Mar 26 16:44:37 PDT 2019

> On Mar 27, 2019, at 12:40 AM, Martin J. Dürst <duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:
>
> On 2019/03/26 22:03, Ted Lemon wrote:
>> On Mar 26, 2019, at 11:39 AM, Michael Welzl <michawe at ifi.uio.no> wrote:
>>> I’d like to understand what people think about doing such stuff, in general - would a tool that gives some such feedback as a result of using NLP be useful to have?
>>
>> Yes, definitely.   This is a perennial problem.
>
> I very much agree with the problem. Of course, it will depend on how
> useful the tool's output is :-).

Sure - it’s easy to imagine such a tool just producing a long list of useless garbage, and nobody would want to spend their time sifting through this.
It’s just a research idea at this point, knowing that people consider the problem important and support the idea of trying to construct such a tool is good enough for me  :)

Cheers,
Michael