[rfc-i] Soliciting feedback: starting a satisfaction survey for the RFC Production Center and Publisher

Дилян Палаузов dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org
Wed Jan 16 15:58:37 PST 2019

Hi Brian,

I do not say that the original text shall somehow be lost or hard to access.  I also do not ask for assigning the
updated RFC a new number.

Think of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4960?CURRENT where section 8.3 would show the update from
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=1440 integrated versus https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4960?ORIGINAL
without the update. With https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4960 showing the content of the former, unless there are other
strong opinions.  The headers with Errata are there, but honestly, how often do you read the errata after reading a RFC
for a first time?  It is just easier for everybody, if the corrections are no extra material to read, but are integrated
in an updated RFC.

Likewise for the PDF version of the RFCs and epub.

I see no need for annotations, since under these circumstances (requesting …?CURRENT or just not asking for the old
text) the old text shall be irrelevant.  Errata keep their form and remain the means to track changes.

Who is in charge for updating at https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=1440 the link behind “RFC 4960” from
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4960.txt to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4960 ?

Regards
  Дилян