[rfc-i] Soliciting feedback: starting a satisfaction survey for the RFC Production Center and Publisher

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 14:27:37 PST 2019

Hi Дилян,

(Cc: trimmed)

The RFC (and specifically the .txt file today) is the archival form of
the document, so cannot be changed by definition.

However, I think that having an *annotated* version of the RFC, with
approved errata incorporated somehow, would be interesting. But that
needs real work; I don't think it can be automated. So I wonder whether
it is worth the cost.

Also, for this to work as intended, obsoleted RFCs would have an
annotated version which says *only* "Obsoleted by RFCxxxx", and RFCs
updated by another RFC would need extensive annotation.

So on the whole I think the header on the HTMLized versions is
the most practical approach. Look at https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2460
which shows all these feature, including a link to the errata.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter