[rfc-i] Soliciting feedback: starting a satisfaction survey for the RFC Production Center and Publisher

Heather Flanagan rse at rfc-editor.org
Wed Jan 16 08:18:29 PST 2019

On 1/16/19 7:57 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2019-01-16 16:21, Heather Flanagan wrote:
>> Hello community,
>>
>> In order to get a better sense of how well the RFC Production Center
>> and Publisher are serving the needs of authors, I would like to start
>> sending out a short survey to authors immediately after the
>> publication of their RFC starting on February 1, 2019. Participation
>> in the survey is entirely optional, but the expectation is that
>> requesting feedback immediately after publication will be more
>> effective than the current process of randomly selecting a percentage
>> of authors who have published in the previous year and asking them to
>> recollect what did and did not work for them.
>
> But then there might be authors who would *want* to give feedback, but
> will not have a new RFC in the next few months. Would you be
> interested in that feedback, too?

Hi Julian,

I'm always interested in feedback - feel free to send it to me at
rse at rfc-editor.org or to the RFC Editor team at
rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org, or if you think it is something for community
discussion, to rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org. That said, this particular
survey is looking for feedback during the publication process, so is
targeted specifically at authors at time of publication.

-Heather